Friday, April 8, 2011

An Unforgettable Meeting

Patsy Johannes is in Ethiopia right now with our mission team.  She sponsors a child in the village of T'ede.  Patsy sold her wonderful hand-made soap in order to raise money for her trip to Ethiopia and had the opportunity to meet her sponsored child this week...



I was privileged to meet Tarikua in person today in T'ede. I have sponsored her for two years now and have enjoyed seeing pictures and hearing updates from other YWAM team members during that time. It felt miraculous that people living so far apart could be brought together, through God's love, and share this moment. I let her know that I cared deeply for her and prayed for her daily and will always love her.



It was a true blessing to meet her mother and let her know that I was honored to partner with her in helping raise this precious young lady.

~ Patsy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...joy to my heart and a tear to my eye...How wonderful that you were able to meet this little girl...

Anonymous said...

Patsy this is Wanda's friend, Wendy. That is so cool! Ur story and pics brought tears to my eyes. Isn't God amazing?! God bless u and ur group. Be safe.

In Christ,

Wendy

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! and she looks like she is so happy to be with you.. great photos!...

Anonymous said...

Praise God, how awesome that you got to go and meet her and her mom.

blessings
Erika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...