Monday, April 7, 2014

Why We Need Young People in Missions


A post from YWAM’s Rise Campaign…

photodune-6039751-aviator-journey-m-1050x700

by Tanya Lyons
I had my first experience in missions when I was 17. I was just out of High School and ready to venture into the great unknown. Adventure awaited, and I had nothing to lose!

Interestingly enough, I wasn’t following God when I signed up for missions. At the time I didn’t know it was possible to walk with God. I was shocked and delighted when I discovered missions wasn’t about me trying to make the world better on my own, but was about joining God in his mission of restoration and change.

Missions turned out even better than I imagined. It resulted in some unexpected changes in my life too. I came to missions lonely and broken. I was angry with so many people, bitter at the world, and ashamed of my brokenness. But, while giving away the little bits of kindness and compassion God helped me muster up, I was healed myself…

Continue reading: @risecampaign.com

__________________________________

Start making plans now to join us on a mission trip to Ethiopia!  Visit our Missions webpages and read about how to begin planning a trip, a timetable for raising funds and what it might be like to join God at work serving others in Ethiopia.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...