Friday, January 24, 2014

Waiting


by Becky Burns

IMG_4804
International adoption seems to be all about waiting.

But waiting is hard.

It seems in all of life we’re waiting… waiting for change to happen, waiting for people in our lives to respond, waiting for prayers to be answered.  The bible is full of verses about waiting so we know that it's something God has chosen for us. 

Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws we wait for You;
Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.

Isaiah 26:8

How we wait for God to work is important. We have to ask ourselves:
  • Am I keeping my mind steadfast, checking my thought-life to be sure I’m trusting Him?
  • Am I rehearsing what I know God has promised more than what I can see in front of me?
  • Is the desire of my heart that God will be well-known in my life?
If we can answer yes, then we can wait for Him. 

Here’s a revolutionary thought: Waiting reveals WHO we desire to look good.

Somehow God can get the attention and the glory in the way we wait.

Waiting is a humbling thing. It doesn’t usually bring a lot of glory to SELF. Others don’t understand and may wonder what you’re doing and why you’re waiting so long. But ‘walking in the way of His laws’, leaning on Him in absolute confidence, you can wait knowing that God is going to show off His glory in the process and in the outcome. 

He is very good at that!

1 comment:

MommyJamie said...

So good Becky! Thanks for writing this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...