Monday, December 26, 2011

Gifts of Clean Water

I don’t think twice about going to the faucet and filling up a big glass of cold, clear water – preferably with ice. 

I’ve never had to choose between sending my child to school or to the nearest water source for our family’s supply of water. 

DSC_5460

I don’t dip water from the same place livestock stand and drink. 

DSC_4462

I don’t ever peer into a murky bucket, hoping there isn’t something living in the water I’m about to give my family, causing all kinds of waterborne illness.

DSC_7002

But for most people in Ethiopia, this is reality. 

For the last two years, YWAM has been purchasing bio-sand water filters (donors give these via our Gift Catalog) and delivering them to families and communities.   We are also working on a source for less-expensive, portable filters which can be more widely distributed and used.

BSF-1

For $100, a family and their neighbors have a way to filter the water they can access and it does a very effective job of screening out pathogens from dirty water.

BSF-2

BSF-4

BSF-5



BSF-7

This gift of clean water is a LIFEsaving gift.

BSF-6

THANK YOU to all who have given the gift of clean water!

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...