Thursday, July 26, 2012

Getting Their Hands Dirty

A team of female athletes from the University of Kentucky is in Ethiopia right now, serving in several communities where YWAM ministers.  Women representing Kentucky soccer, softball, tennis, basketball, rifle and gymnastics were nominated by their coaches to participate in this opportunity. 

_MG_5446_ng

by Kayla King
My hands are dirty. My mouth's been dry all day. My heart's racing. I have this immovable lump in my throat. I think I could still be shaking. My jeans are wet and haven't been washed in two days. They've been covered in everything from paint to kerosene to charcoal dust to mud to gravel. They probably won't get washed for another few days. My nails are filthy and my hands will be stained from paint and charcoal for the duration of this trip. My hands are empty but my heart is full. My eyes are dry but my soul weeps. My mind and eyes have been opened farther than I could have ever imagined and it's only been two days. My heart has been stretched and pulled and used and changed. I have made so many human connections that I feel like my heart will burst with all the love that I've been given. I don't know where I belong or how I will go back to the life I left in Lexington. Forty-eight hours in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and I will never be the same again…

Continue reading here.



538964_10151065211504336_598388394_n
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...