Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A father-daughter team

by Alena Wolbert
Alena is the 19-year-old daughter of Mark and Liane Wolbert.  She is on her way now to join her dad (our missions director) to spend a month and a half in Ethiopia helping with the rest of our summer mission teams .

DSCN0436

In just a few short days, I will be flying out of the Seattle airport with anticipation of not only being reunited with my Dad, but the excitement of being in Ethiopia once again.

Africa is a continent that has been on my heart since I was about 13. I took my first trip to Ethiopia with Adoption Ministry in 2008 and my world was rocked. It was so amazing to meet precious people that were on fire for Jesus on the opposite side of the globe. Never mind that we spoke different languages or that we came from different cultural backgrounds. We each found commonality in being sons and daughters of the most high.  Needless to say, the day that I returned home, I was already counting down the days until I was in Africa again.

I have since returned to Ethiopia, and each time I am there, I fall more and more in love with that nation.

My heart for missions stemmed from a childhood filled with YWAM King’s Kids, church mission trips, and being encouraged to share the love of Jesus even in my elementary school. Growing up in a YWAM family, local and world missions were a huge part of our family DNA. Our young age was never a factor in deciding whether or not we were capable of being ambassadors of God’s kingdom.

 
alena africa


This last September, I began my Discipleship Training School with YWAM Amsterdam. As a group, we traveled to Belgium, Israel and Tanzania - all with the simple goal: “to know God and make His name known throughout the earth.” In going through that school, God has set my heart on fire to do just that - to know Him and to make Him known to the people around me.

During this trip to Ethiopia, I will be assisting my Dad in leading two mission teams that will serve through feeding programs, VBS, construction projects and sports camps. I am looking forward to seeing the power of God move in the nation of Ethiopia as teams come to join us as we humble ourselves and serve the precious people who are so dear to God’s heart.

Please partner with us in prayer as we strive to make God known in the nation of Ethiopia.

1 Timothy 4:12 - Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

Blessings,
Alena
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...