Thursday, March 3, 2016

Birth Family Talks


Candle-flame-no-reflection

"Am I like my Ethiopia mommy?"

"Did my tummy mommy love me?"

"Why didn't she keep me?"


These questions can pop up any time but birthdays and holidays are sometimes a trigger and provide a special opportunity to process the grief that is part of every adoption.  Here is a beautiful way to help your adopted son or daughter honor their birth parents on their birthday – a time when lots of questions and feelings may come to the surface and grief is revisited…


We have some other links to articles and posts that may be helpful below. 




Talking to Your Kids About Adoption
11 points to help get you started


Please leave a comment and share your own ideas for ways to help kids process their emotions about their birth family.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...