Saturday, September 13, 2014

Links You’ll Like


1016086_10201342568827009_197060971_n
One Year Later… What I’ve Learned About Adoption
@africatoamerica.org
The past 365 days have been filled with crazy hard and crazy beautiful that leave me feeling fulfilled and exhausted.  But isn’t that how motherhood is?


Five Responses to Extreme Poverty
@shaungroves.com
We’ve all heard of the five stages of grief and many of us have even moved through them ourselves.  Denial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. Acceptance.  The typical responses to extreme poverty are very similar, in my experience.


What God Calls Good
@(in)courage.me
Twenty-five years ago, my mom sat on the edge of the bed and told me a story about girl who hated her brown eyes. She thought they were ugly next to her blue-eyed friends and her green-eyed sister. So bland. She wished them away. Before long, she upped the ante, begging God to change them, to turn the mud puddles to pools. He’d done that sort of thing before.

 
The Greatest Adoption Myth
@confessionsofaparent.com
As I watched this unfold, I found myself at a loss. This was not how I pictured this going, at all!


Handling Hard Feelings
@onethankfulmom.com
In the few weeks she’s been home there have been disappointments, schedule changes, “no” answers when she wanted a “yes,” chore expectations, school blips, and the stresses of life.



And we'll end with a video you don't want to miss...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...