Monday, October 21, 2013

Dembidollo Day 1–An Adventure!

by Joy Casey in Ethiopia
written Friday Oct 18th

I love being in Dembidollo doing what I enjoy the most… meeting the people we serve, strategizing the future, and problem solving the present.
 
IMG_8798

IMG_8751
We arrived in Dembidollo around 11:30 a.m. and by 1:30 I was being hugged and kissed umpteen times by so many people I finally had to take my glasses off because they were so smudged. I can’t express how happy I was to see the dear, familiar faces of some of the first people helped through Adoption Ministry 1:27.

IMG_8723
IMG_8772
It was food distribution day and 80 families came to the church to collect their monthly supplies. Prior to getting their goods, one of the budding evangelists (who is also part of our program) led the predominately female group in a time of prayer and worship. I was outside helping with the food and it blessed my heart to hear the “Ah-mens” and the unique sounds of worship.

Jeff Burns worked up a sweat (no kidding!) taking updated pictures of all the 80 families as well as trying to get video of the food distribution. The setting wasn’t ideal and it was a tad crowded, but he was a trooper and tried to do it all.

Close to 6 o’clock we finished up and headed to Main Street Dembidollo for some tibs and nashif (which is spicy and really, really good!) washed down with Coke or Sprite. We had a great time of fellowship with Pastor Geramew… I love that guy… and back to our hotel to fall into bed. Did I mention the trip from Gimbie started this morning at 6:30 and was five hours of bone-jarring bad road? Needless to say, we are all tired and ready for a good night’s sleep!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...