Thursday, March 14, 2013

Among the Beloved of God


by Joy Casey in Ethiopia
at the church in Korah


090-b

I could not understand all of the words, but the spirit of worship was loud and clear.  I and those traveling with me, were packed under a tarp canopy held up with eucalyptus poles.


IMG_00000

Children played on the dirt floor, mothers nursed their babies, and the ushers unseated the young to make room for the old.

086-b

088-b

089-b

It basically was chaos until the music started when all entered into worship with abandon. 


087-b

Rubbing shoulders with God’s people who look and smell and worship differently brought a sense of deep humility in me.  I am privileged beyond measure to worship with what some might consider “the least of these” (Matthew 25:45).  

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...